POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Roller Coaster WIP 2 (MPEG1, DivX link) : Re: Roller Coaster WIP 2 (MPEG1, DivX link) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roller Coaster WIP 2 (MPEG1, DivX link)
From: Jaap
Date: 23 Apr 2006 06:15:01
Message: <web.444b5292d55f3544a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
I have been playing with some RGB <-> YUV (for OCR)
I't very strange to see how little information it actually in the U and V.
The top-right image is composed form just the U and V data (Y fixed at 50%)
The bottom image is just the Y data.
Also note that green has a lot of effect on Y, because our eyes are more
sensitive for green.
I have seen the red blockiness very often in jpg's as well. There was a post
about it in binary-images, I think it was an image of red pencils. It is
possible to disable sub-sampling of the red channel in jpg's (at least with
gimp) don't know if it's possible with mpg.
It often can be solved by using a less saturated red, like: <0.8,0.1,0.1>

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'col_split_1.jpg' (204 KB)

Preview of image 'col_split_1.jpg'