POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : More on UNIX POV for the Mac : Re: More on UNIX POV for the Mac Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:29:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More on UNIX POV for the Mac
From: Russell Towle
Date: 19 Apr 2006 14:00:00
Message: <web.44467a46beef7cb239b2bf190@news.povray.org>
Thank you, Windell and Thorsten, for your input. I am glad to know of the
ffmpeg software, Windell. I will take a look.

I tried to buy QTPro about ten times at the Apple Store, but my VISA check
card wouldn't run, and even a trip to my bank couldn't fix it. It works
everywhere in the world, except Apple. I have QTPRO version 4.1 or whatever
on my old computer. I had many occasions to use it to make movies from
folders of images.

I wonder whether two instances of UNIX POV could run concurrently; I will
try that. Then it would be neat to set up the Mac GUI so that it can launch
arbitrary numbers of povray executables, and just max out the processors ...

It is a lot like in Mathematica, where there is a "front end" and a
"kernel."

I am feeling so geeky for running UNIX POV but in fact I am quite ignorant,
so bear with me please ... I really value your work, Thorsten, it is such
an important contribution to we Mac users. So thanks much!

RT