POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov Motion_blur newbie question : Re: MegaPov Motion_blur newbie question Server Time
1 May 2024 18:54:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov Motion_blur newbie question
From: Windell H  Oskay
Date: 18 Apr 2006 14:20:00
Message: <web.44452d8e99d124d6959113f40@news.povray.org>
"danyolgiax" <d.o### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Using motion_blur with a box runs along x axis I've seen this effect is
> bidirectional! I've got a blur in front and at the end of the box!

Look in the documentation about how motion blur works--
( http://megapov.inetart.net/manual-1.2.1/megapov0121.html#motion_blur  )
it averages over a bunch of possible locations for your object.  There is
nothing in this procedure to give an "arrow of time," so if you want one,
you have to add it in yourself.  A good way to do this is to draw in
another copy of your object, slightly displaced to one end of your blur.

Here's an example:

#version unofficial megapov 1.1;
global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
   motion_blur 20, (1/10)
 }

light_source { <100,100,100>  color rgb 2  }

plane { y, -10  texture { pigment {rgb 0} } }

#declare MySphere = sphere { 0, 1 texture { pigment {rgb 1} }};

//Copy with motion blur:
 motion_blur {    type 0
object {MySphere translate -x*clock*30}
 }