POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cannot open png file : Re: cannot open png file Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cannot open png file
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 6 Apr 2006 09:20:00
Message: <web.4435147ef7526d8d6c4803960@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "cpmac" <web### [at] cpmaccom> wrote:
> > From my trials and errors I seems to me that the image map format must be
> > the same as the set output format. In the standard setting of BMP output
> > the script wouldn't work with a png, but with +FN in the control box, the
> > png file was read and the output was a png file.
>
> No, you can mix any valid input filetype with any valid output type, they
> are independent of each other.

Sorry, if the image_map type is NOT specified, then POV does expect the same
type as set for output (3.5.1.5.1  Specifying an Image Map).  However, you
can use ay allowable type as long as you explicitly specify the type (which
is a good habit to get into so you don't run into these types of problems)
-tgq