POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : cannot open png file : Re: cannot open png file Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:10:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: cannot open png file
From: cpmac
Date: 5 Apr 2006 07:40:01
Message: <web.4433ab68f7526d8de2f31a1f0@news.povray.org>
> cpmac wrote:
> > Hello
> > I'm trying to experiment with including bimaps.
> > I've used the following code but get the message
> > parse error cannot open png file.
>
> >     pigment{ image_map { png "/noddy2.png" }
>
> Well - is there a file "/noddy2.png"?  That would be in your root
> directory which is - unlikely.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Landscape of the week:
> http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 14 Mar. 2006)
> MegaPOV with mechanics simulation: http://megapov.inetart.net/

I've corrected the slash (the png file is in the same directory as the pov
file)
I've corrected the curly bracket.

 #declare panel= prism {
    linear_sweep
    linear_spline
    0, // sweep the following shape from here ...
    0.01, // ... up through here
    4, // the number of points making up the shape ...
    <0,0>, <5,0>, <5,5>, <0,5>
     texture {
      pigment{
      image_map {png "noddy2.png"
        }
       }

      }
 rotate<-90,0,0>
 translate<0,6,0>
 scale 0.5
  }
The file parses with no error message but no visible result.
How is an image file supposed to adapt to it's suport. The image file has a
transparent part. Could it be that only the transparent part is on the
panel?

cpmac