POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : How to speed up parsing in animation scenes? : How to speed up parsing in animation scenes? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 10:35:41 EDT (-0400)
  How to speed up parsing in animation scenes?
From: Icetoaster
Date: 4 Apr 2006 19:40:00
Message: <web.443302a27a8dbebefe62e2cd0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I recognized, that at each frame of the animation Povray does a
parsing of the non-dynamic scene. This takes up 9/10 (=ParseTime)
of the total time. Only 1/10 of the time is the render time.
(ParseTime = 9 * RenderTime)

Lets say, I have n frames, the render time is

t_now = n * (ParseTime + RenderTime) = n * 10 * RenderTime

However, if objects stay the same, it should be speeded up to this:

t_better = 1 * ParseTime + n * RenderTime = (n + 9) * RenderTime

which is much less.
For n=10:  t_now = 100 * RenderTime
        t_better =  19 * RenderTime

Is there a possibility to speed up things like that?
Or is it my fault, because I use a rand() function for some
objects.

Thanks,
IT