POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : transforming splines : Re: transforming splines Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transforming splines
From: Charles C
Date: 4 Apr 2006 11:15:01
Message: <web.44328d0473c7aea8b160ffde0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the well thought out and quick replies!  I was at work when I
posted the question and later when I was at home I tried to reply after
rendering those samples... Unfortunately the webserver doesn't seem to
always like me and my high-latency connection (that's my guess anyway).  It
always prompts me for my login again after I type the correct password, or
tells me I typed the wrong password if in fact I did so.

Anyway, it looks like I probably will be storing the original control points
of the spline in an array afterall so that it can be modified in arbitrary
ways before use.

From: Mike Williams
>Create the string of mirrored Object_B's along Spline_A inside a union
>then mirror the whole union. The Object_B's are mirrored twice, so they
>come out the right way round, but their positions are only mirrored
>once.

Thanks Mike.  I hadn't thought about this.

From: Jim Charter:
> I think you'll have to transform the control points not the spline.  The
> transform itself can be predefined, then use vtransform.  It may or may
> not advantage you to store the points in an array.

I hadn't realised that a transform could be pre-defined.  That sounds a lot
more convienient. Thanks

From: Trevor G Quayle:
> have a look at "vaxis_rotate(A,B,F)" in "3.2.1.4.5  Functions" of the help
> file.  Should be able to help you.

Actually I knew about this one... It's been very helpful for articulating
things!