POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : random rotated pattern : Re: random rotated pattern Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:24:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: random rotated pattern
From: eilart
Date: 1 Apr 2006 10:45:01
Message: <web.442e9eebe10db4eb35dfc7790@news.povray.org>

> You could easily write a macro that will generate a wall brick by brick
> with a a separate texture on each brick, rotated randomly, but you asked
> for a random rotated pattern, so I wrote a pattern that randomly
> rotates.
>
> --
> Mike Williams
> Gentleman of Leisure

I'm sorry. Your pattern works perfectly ant it's the thing that I wanted.
I don't want to generate the wall brick by brick, i want a pattern that can
be used like a pattern.
The problem is that i'm a little dumb and i haven't yet understood
completely your script.

The function F returns a pattern? The x inside the F function is the
parameter passed to the function or simple warp offset indication?

I thing that F returns a numeric value instead, because of how is used in
the H function. But what is this value? A random value generated by the
cells pattern?
So this script is cell pattern dependant?
Can I use to rotate an arbitrary pattern? This is what i don't understand.

Thanksalot anyway!