POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POVRay Question : Re: POVRay Question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 04:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay Question
From: Quartz
Date: 31 Mar 2006 13:55:01
Message: <web.442d7a813ce9a4dadfd52120@news.povray.org>
.... ...This window you gave me, Lance Birch, is good, but... I can't do the
lightning flash. Whenever I try it, the sky outside looks like an overcast
day, and the light being cast on the objects in the room looks all wrong...

The light shining from the lightning flash into the room looks sharp white,
except on a green book I have on a table in front of the window. On the
book, it looks yellow, which lightning does not do. I don't know how to
simulate the lightning at all.

There are five elements here:
 1): The texture of the objects inside the room that the lightning is
shining on.
 2): The texture of the windows.
 3): The texture of the water on the outside of the windows, which Lance
Birch gave me.
 4): The pigment of the sky_sphere.
 5): The color of the light_source I'm trying to use as lightning.

Somehow I'm not using the right combinations or the right values for them,
and it's coming out wrong. I need more help. Should I post the source code
for you?