POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Interface artefacts in merging transparent isosurface objects : Re: Interface artefacts in merging transparent isosurface objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interface artefacts in merging transparent isosurface objects
From: Timm
Date: 28 Mar 2006 17:25:01
Message: <web.4429b6e25ac6970f1c086f4e0@news.povray.org>
The example with the two spheres does not work correctly for me. I still get
a spotted interface between them, regardless of "all_intersections".
Maybe that is a bug? I use version 3.6 (freshly downloaded).
Or it depends on the actual form of "f_sphere"? I used "#declare f_sphere =
function(x,y,z,R) {sqrt(x*x+y*y+z*z)-R}"

> One thing you can do is to write the whole thing as a single isosurface.
>
> isosurface {
>   function {
>     min(
>      max(-1/8*(x-5)*(x-5)+y, -y-1, 1-x),
>      max(-3+x+y, -y-1, x-1, z-4)
>     )
>   }
>   contained_by { box {<-2,0,-1>,<4,5,10> } }
>   threshold 0
>   max_gradient 2
>   hollow
>   texture { myTexture }
>   interior { myInterior }
> }

This gave the desired result, thanks a lot! Unfortunately it takes more
time, because the surrounding box must be larger, but it works.

Regards,
Timm.