POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Footprints in sand : Re: Footprints in sand Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:23:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Footprints in sand
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Mar 2006 07:05:00
Message: <web.442926219e37023eb9b66bb80@news.povray.org>
"KesAFloyd" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to make footprints in sand....

I agree with the isosurfaces idea from Slime. I just posted a reply to
another post...

http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3Cweb.4428b531cc6d48184a366980%40news.povray.org%3E/

with some isosurface examples (subtracting one function from another, etc.)
using an image_map converted into a function. Perhaps some of that would be
useful.

For smoothing the intersections (or transits) between different isosurface
functions, take a look at the POV documentation, section 2.3.3.3.6
Combining Isosurface Functions.

Ken Walker