POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Interface artefacts in merging transparent isosurface objects : Re: Interface artefacts in merging transparent isosurface objects Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interface artefacts in merging transparent isosurface objects
From: Timm
Date: 27 Mar 2006 17:35:01
Message: <web.442867865ac6970fe8160a780@news.povray.org>
"POVMAN" <s### [at] acom> wrote:
> I havn't been able to try your code, but a problem I've had with meeting
> isosurfaces is that sometimes the "accuracy" setting needs to be reduced.
> say from 0.0001 to 0.000001.  This usually helps when the problem is a black
> speckeling effect at the join.
>
> --
> #####-----#####-----#####
> POV Tips and Hints at ...
> http://povman.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the reply.
I tried several values for the accuracy but that did not help. At the join
there is always an opaque interface visible, independent of the camera
position. For very large values of the accuracy (0.1) similar effects
showed up also at some outer corners and edges of the objects.

A slight overlap of the two objects does not help, either. Unfortunately, I
cannot put an image here.

Other ideas out there?

Regards,
Timm.