POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : conversion between POV and CAD formats : Re: conversion between POV and CAD formats Server Time
5 May 2024 07:07:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: conversion between POV and CAD formats
From: Charles C
Date: 23 Mar 2006 17:50:00
Message: <web.4423260296d63a51c81152030@news.povray.org>
If nothing else, you can always use POV's file writing ability, along with
POV scripts that generate your own trianges (fun fun), and then output them
in some raw-ish format that could be understood by CAD apps or converters.
I think somebody (or people) on here had some macros which used the trace
function to generate meshes.  I'm guessing using POV itself to convert a
limited amount of stuff is more work for less than you had in mind, but
some at least some things are possible.

Charles