POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Should normal maps rotate with objects? : Should normal maps rotate with objects? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Should normal maps rotate with objects?
From: BobK
Date: 19 Mar 2006 16:30:01
Message: <web.441dcc9a927b776b7aeffb6a0@news.povray.org>
If I apply a normal map to an object (in fact an bump map that I have
produced myself) and then rotate the object should the normal map rotate
with the object? This is what I expected to happen, but isn't the result I
get... The documentation implies that scaling an object scales the normal
map, so I assumed that rotation and translation should also act on normal
maps. Any feedback gratefully received - maybe I've just made a beginner's
mistake...