POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Character bit length issue : Character bit length issue Server Time
1 Jun 2024 18:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Character bit length issue
From: The Linux Doctor
Date: 19 Mar 2006 00:35:00
Message: <web.441cecfe5f2042535d368740@news.povray.org>
I'm running POVRAY 3.6.1 and I have a need to be able to use the full 8-bit
ASCII to include some German ligature characters. I noticed that in the
file 'parsestr.cpp' they chop the characters down to 7-bits. I also noticed
that apparently this was not a restriction for versions earlier than 3.5.0.

Is there any specific reason why the change? I don't see the need for it
myself.

Thanx.