POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Applying grid to isosurface : Applying grid to isosurface Server Time
2 May 2024 21:33:03 EDT (-0400)
  Applying grid to isosurface
From: Xedi
Date: 15 Mar 2006 10:35:00
Message: <web.441831a9134eb929e606030f0@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone, I'm new to Povray, and enjoying all the math in it.
I would like to be able to apply a grid on a surface, similarly to this
image :
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/21/Saddle_pt.jpg/600px-Saddle_pt.jpg

When trying, for example, a checkered texture, it is of course not uniform
in x and z directions (for example, on a plane parallel to the y axis, I
would expect not to see any grid lines perpendicular to the plane).
To explain another way, I would like to be able to project the grid (that is
on
the xz plane) onto the surface, perpendicularly to the plane (to be able to
see easily how the surface actually is)

Can anybody please give me a hand here ?