POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dealing with colours : Dealing with colours Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Dealing with colours
From: ChaoZ
Date: 14 Mar 2006 17:20:00
Message: <web.44174154bedb9510f039f4f00@news.povray.org>
As much as I try, I find it so difficult to deal with RGB colors in a 0 to 1
scale. When it comes with dealing with colour maps (such as those used to
create a sky for example) my confusion is compounded.

For example, what does this

0.50 rgb <0.1, 0.2, 1>*0.9

mean? It is used within a color map statement, so I assume a portion of the
map will have that colour.

I have read the POV-Ray manual and I am no clearer. Are there tools out
there to help determine the RGB values? Perhaps there is something within
POV-Ray itself that I have overlooked?