POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Pre-alpha of POV-Ray Glaphic Cluster Rendering toolkit : Re: Pre-alpha of POV-Ray Glaphic Cluster Rendering toolkit Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:49:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pre-alpha of POV-Ray Glaphic Cluster Rendering toolkit
From: Jaap
Date: 13 Mar 2006 12:30:01
Message: <web.4415ac14ebfca99da8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
Does it use a shared network folder? because that would limit it to 10 on
windows xp, unless you sell out to a server license of windows.
I wrote a very simple distributed render system using batch files generated
by the file write functions of povray. (it's in povray.text.scene-files)
and it took me a while to figure out this limit (there was no limit in
win98). I later found that the limit is not just for shared folders, it
also seems to be true for shared printers.