POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Corrupted Zip (Scene) Files? : Corrupted Zip (Scene) Files? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Corrupted Zip (Scene) Files?
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 6 Mar 2006 17:15:01
Message: <web.440cb35746dab4558c7259570@news.povray.org>
I noticed that Bob Hughes (in an image thread) tried to download a zipped
scene file, and found it corrupted; I found the same with several, as well.
 This is in the http://news.povray/org/ files.  However, when I download
from the newsreader (newsgroup) files, they come out fine.  Is this a
problem with the web version of new.povray.org?  Does anyone else
experience this? In any event, if you can't seem to get a working zip file
from the web version of news.pov, try the newsgroup (it's not USENET, do I
have that right?) version; this seems to solve the problem.

Just a suggestion that sometimes works.  Those who know more about such
things will (no doubt) correct my interpretation or tell me that what I've
found is impossible ;-), but since it's worked repeatedly for me, I thought
I'd share.

Dave Matthews