POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Elliptical Torus : Re: Elliptical Torus Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:30:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Elliptical Torus
From: Bruno Cabasson
Date: 2 Mar 2006 19:05:00
Message: <web.440786bb61f3c5392bb58dc50@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I worked on the problem and I posted in p.b.i + p.b.s-f a solution with
sphere_sweep, and also with a blob (fast render) with a constant behaviour
(I think ..). Your problem might come from the use of the parametric form
of an ellipse, which gives non-constant spacing between samples on the
perimeter from regular parametric values, or/and perhaps from the use of too
few control points in the spline.

The blob macro I posted uses also the parametric equation, but travels along
the perimeter by oversampling, an drops a blob element every constant
spacing, giving quite good results. I hope thi will help, and I am sure
that what I did can be very much improved.

    Bruno