POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Wouldn't it be nice: patterns and finish items : Re: Wouldn't it be nice: patterns and finish items Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:26:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wouldn't it be nice: patterns and finish items
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 1 Mar 2006 06:25:00
Message: <web.44058323783b11faf37ab23e0@news.povray.org>
Ross <rli### [at] speakeasynet> wrote:
> Not sure if this could be extended to your purpose, but maybe. It's based
> on something Giles Tran posted to a message from Mael about Finish Maps.
> I'll post the resulting image in povray.binary.images just for reference.
> I'm also going to play with this more to see if it's actually useful in a
> general sense.
>
> -ross

Thanks for your reply. In deed this could be extended for my purposes but
as i mentionen above this gets very ugly when you have more than two
different finish items you'd like to change. I'll post an extended version
with source in the thread with your image. As you may see there you need 15
definitions to create a texture with three finish items following different
patterns (specular map, reflection map and ambient map in that case). With
four items you should need 31 definitions, with five items you'll need 63
and so on. obviously this renders quite slow especially when pigment
functions from image maps are being used as patterns.

Regards Roman