POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Computer Specifications for use with POV-Ray : Re: Computer Specifications for use with POV-Ray Server Time
1 Aug 2024 12:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer Specifications for use with POV-Ray
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Feb 2006 06:15:00
Message: <web.44003b244a2bcbccdb27a78f0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Kenneth <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> > Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>
> > >   Just use POV-Ray 3.7 (when it comes out; if you are using Windows, you
> > > can try the beta).
> > >
> >  I'm still trying to understand v3.6.1 ALPHA!  ;-)
>
>   I didn't understand that.

My feeble attempt at humor.  beta... alpha...??  Gee, tough crowd! (as they
say in the comedian biz.)

What I meant by my hilariously funny (??) rejoinder was, I'm still valiantly
working through the learning curve of v3.6.1, and don't yet feel confident
enough to tackle the beta version of 3.7 ( or the beta version of anything,
for that matter.)  If I ran into a problem, I really wouldn't know if it was
just me, or if it was some still-in-development part of the software. A bit
of paranoia there, I suppose. Best for me to play it safe, and wait until
3.7 matures.

Ken