POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : interior texture for triangles : Re: interior texture for triangles Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:07:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: interior texture for triangles
From: tune
Date: 24 Feb 2006 10:40:00
Message: <web.43ff24bc659ce108858311eb0@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse@charter%net> wrote:
> "tune" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message

> All I know about texturing triangles is that they either must be enclosed in
> a mesh and then textured together as a whole, or individually in a special
> way.

I did not tell you all about my .pov file (that you can find below in this
post). Actually, all triangles where eclosed in a mesh. Texture does not
work, both inside "triangle" and outside it, inside "mesh".
What do you mean when you say "or individually in a special way"? Maybe 2D
objects can be filled in with colours otherwise than by "textures"? This
wuold be the crucial point.

> I think the Help section 3.4.2.3 Mesh will have the answer.

Thank you Bob. I already read this section of Help: it was my starting
point.
Problems actually came after this point.

> I'm replying as a follow-up to move this into the povray.general group since
> this povray.windows group is all about the operating system interplay with
> POV instead of its scene description language (SDL).

Sorry, but there are so many groups..... I did not spend a few seconds in
choosing the right one.
But I do not actually find my post in povray.general group nowadays. So,
please excuse me if I post here again.

Here is part of my .pov file:

#version 3.0
#include "colors.inc"
#include "shapes.inc"
#include "transforms.inc"

global_settings { assumed_gamma 2.2 }
// panoramic lens for wide field of view with less distortion
camera {
//  orthographic
  panoramic
  location <-6, -6, 32>                  // position
  look_at  <32, 32, 0>                  // view
 // right    x*image_width/image_height  // aspect
  angle    30                            // field (greater than 180 degrees
possible)
}

background { color rgb < 0,0.5,0.7 > }

#declare Material_0001 = texture {
//  pigment { color rgb < 1,0.25,0.25 >
  pigment { color White
  }
//  finish { ambient 0.2 diffuse 0.5 }
}

mesh {
 triangle {
 <  0.,  23.0799999,  0.>, <  0.,  1.,  1.>, <  1.,  22.7399998,  1.>
// here I wrote "texture { Material_0001 }" in a first trial
 }
 triangle {
 <  0.,  26.6399994,  1.>, <  0.,  2.,  2.>, <  1.,  22.9400005,  2.>
// here I wrote "texture { Material_0001 }" in a first trial
 }
// here I wrote "texture { Material_0001 }" in a second trial, erasing it
from above
}