POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Frames in animation sequence take successively longer to render : Re: Frames in animation sequence take successively longer to render Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:44:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frames in animation sequence take successively longer to render
From: Stephen
Date: 23 Feb 2006 05:20:00
Message: <web.43fd8b8df29e319bb1b469160@news.povray.org>
"White Ryder" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> But anyway, back to my question:  Does anyone know of anything that POV-Ray
> does while rendering an animation sequence that would explain why very
> similar frames would take successively longer to render?

I’ve had similar problems with some scenes. It is possible that you
have a memory leak. If you are using windows you can check using the Task
Manager. My work around is to split the frames using a couple of INI files
with contiguous Subset_Start_Frame and Subset_End_Frame then use the render
queue to render them in sequence.
E.g.

Scene01.ini

Initial_Frame=1