POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : volcano WIP5 : Re: volcano WIP5 Server Time
18 May 2024 19:46:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: volcano WIP5
From: IanT
Date: 17 Feb 2006 21:20:00
Message: <web.43f6832d84388aa0e27474a40@news.povray.org>
Knocks my entry into a cocked hat ... amazing image and would probably get a
place even with no further changes.

Some constructive criticism...

The smoke towards the edges of the image is too blurred.  In all photos I've
seen of a real-life eruption, the edges of the smoke plume are very
well-defined due to the sheer scale of it all and the fact that it won't be
moving upwards quickly enough to create any kind of motion blur).

The top-most edge of the crater is very sharply-defined and stands out a
little too much ... maybe place some smoke media in front of the edge to
blur it out a little?

Ian.