POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hair texture problem : Re: Hair texture problem Server Time
1 Aug 2024 06:25:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hair texture problem
From: RCRuiz
Date: 16 Feb 2006 21:00:01
Message: <web.43f52d0fa9e903d05a7acef50@news.povray.org>
"Sebastian H." <van### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > as you can see the brightness is very diferent, Where is my error?
>
> I can not put my finger on it but he're some guesses.
> - The texture looks fine, I tried it on a sphere
> - The over all brightness is too high (light source too near?)
> - Did you export normal vectors as well?
>    They'll will smooth the hair a lot.
> - Some AA would look good
> - Try to multiply every color in the color map by e.g. 0.5
> - Draw a cylinder in parallel to the hair and compare
> - Try phong instead of specular (though this will not change the
>    overall brightness)
> - Shift the texture around. The brown part seems to be above the hair
>
> Sebastian

Thanks for you reply :D Sevastian , I do export normals, I will try what you
recomend. I just got a more or less decent result increeseng the specular to
100 and hard as 50 . . I feel I'm geting close, but not quite there

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/RCRuiz/Temporal/PovHair2.jpg

Thank you for your help