POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : Pre-alpha of POV-Ray Glaphic Cluster Rendering toolkit : Re: Pre-alpha of POV-Ray Glaphic Cluster Rendering toolkit Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:12:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pre-alpha of POV-Ray Glaphic Cluster Rendering toolkit
From: Marvin
Date: 15 Feb 2006 03:50:01
Message: <web.43f2e94debfca99d73cc178a0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Marvin <mto### [at] grfhr> wrote:
> >   up to 16 render servers are supported.
>
>   Just out of curiosity: Why such a limit?

Unfortunately, there are some static structures in grc-client.cc

It is easily changeable in config.h, just change MAXSERV settings.

The work is on the way to make attaching/detaching of render
servers dynamic, sort of "hotplugged" w/o need to restart the
rendering task to assign new hardware, but I've been assigned
other work also.

Please note that there's a lot of debugging output in client
and server part of the program, which will go away as parts
of application are debugged.

I know MPI is a trend nowadays, so there are consideration to
implement this too.

Be warned that code does not look pretty due to tight schedule
in which it had to start working to get the project assigned,
but a major rewrite is planned to remove several
spotted bottlenecks.

Marvin