POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : draw the wire skeleton of a cube : Re: draw the wire skeleton of a cube Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: draw the wire skeleton of a cube
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 14 Feb 2006 08:45:00
Message: <web.43f1de594c7ce7b86c4803960@news.povray.org>
"nusuto" <nus### [at] yahooes> wrote:
> Yes... that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
> Just a short question: in Wire_Box(Pta, Ptb, Radius, UseMerge), which values
> can take "UseMerge"? They say only that this is to indicate if it uses merge
> or not.
>
> Thank you again! :-)

Merge removes the internal surfaces of CSG objects. Use merge if the wire
frame is to have a transparent texture, like glass for example, so that the
internal surfaces are not visible and the object apperas to be made of one
continuous piece of material.  If you're object is opaque, you don't need
to use merge.

-tgq