POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : draw the wire skeleton of a cube : Re: draw the wire skeleton of a cube Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: draw the wire skeleton of a cube
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 13 Feb 2006 17:05:01
Message: <web.43f101f04c7ce7b86c4803960@news.povray.org>
"nusuto" <nus### [at] yahooes> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have 2 questions...
>
> 1. I need to draw a cube, but not a solid one, I need just the skeleton of
> the cube.

Create it using a CSG of either cylinders and spheres or thin boxes
depending on the look you want.

> 2. I have a surface and I would like to make it the upper face of a cube.
> How can I intersect the other three faces of the cube with my surface? I
> mean, when I intersect a box with a surface, I see the whole box, it
> doesn't stop at the surface. How can I do that?

What kind of surface?  The surface needs to intersect the box for this to
work and the surface to be visible.   If the surface lies above the top
face of the box, then an intersection will create only the same box, as the
second surface would lie outside the physical intersection and not have an
effect.

-tgq