POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : mechsim and camera help : mechsim and camera help Server Time
14 May 2024 08:43:26 EDT (-0400)
  mechsim and camera help
From: dchr25
Date: 9 Feb 2006 06:10:00
Message: <web.43eb223370c02efa22cb8830@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone,

I am practising on mechsim and gravity, what I am trying to do is to drop a
ball from a height (on Y axis) and let it bounce on the floor. X is
constant, Z is constant and Y varies along time.

I have seen the tutorial02.pov for this, but I dont' really understand the
way world's camera and XYZ coordinates are defined and used. In that
example it defines gravity <0, 0, -9.81>, where it puts the gravity force
on Z axis instead of Y axis.

Could you provide some help on this.

many thanks,
dimitris.