POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : render help? : Re: render help? Server Time
29 Jun 2024 01:16:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render help?
From: Jaap
Date: 8 Feb 2006 13:55:02
Message: <web.43ea3de4a6497e43a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
Thank you for your offer Bob!

"Bob Hughes" wrote:
> There's a PC gathering dust here. CPU is Intel 3.06 GHz and memory only 1
> GB, but if it would help I'm offering it then.
I have access to a couple of 2..3 GHz AMD's but my own machine is a AMD 1.2
GHz with only 640MB of ram, so 3.06 GHz and 1 GB ram will be fine.

> Not too sure about uploading large files to send back, although I should
> have 5 GB web space with 100 GB bandwidth very soon (by next week). Just
> that my cable connection is limited 256 Kbps (actually less) upload speed so
> that might go a little slow.

PNG's will be about 100..300 kb each, so you should be able to send them in
a few seconds each. I don't think a web space would help you, since you
still need to upload them to your site. you could send them to my gmail
address or I could enable the ftp server on my little web server at home. I
can give you some frames that render relativly slow, to improve the
render/send ratio :-)

I'm still aiming to render most (if not all) of the frames myself, but
render times can be a bit unpredictable now and then. I will know more
about how things are looking next week and let you know if I need any help.

thanks again,

Jaap Stolk. ( http://jwstolk.xs4all.nl )