POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Need help Rotating : Re: Need help Rotating Server Time
14 Jun 2024 06:17:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need help Rotating
From: Charles C
Date: 29 Jan 2006 02:40:01
Message: <web.43dc7088fd2cbf889926319c0@news.povray.org>
So if I understand this right you've got 2 points in space, call them C and
D, and you want to use the vector from C to D as the axis of rotation of
your molecule-portion...  It sounds like all you need to do is subtract C
from D and then that gets you an appropriete single <X,Y,Z> vector you can
use to use (along with the origin as you mentioned). (Either have the
moving portion built relative to the origin or translate it temporarily to
the origin by translating -C.)  Then after rotating, translate the
molecule-portion over to location C.
not sure if this helps
Charles