POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : reflection on surfaces with big bump_size : Re: reflection on surfaces with big bump_size Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reflection on surfaces with big bump_size
From: zuegs
Date: 27 Jan 2006 08:55:00
Message: <web.43da25b14d3eab5823b7640@news.povray.org>
Hi Chris B

I'am very pleased for your reply, thanks.
Yes I think you fully understood my problem, thanks again.

source-code:
if the bozo-normal is leaning towards the box so that the camera gets behind
the normal/surface, the code treats this by reflecting it as surface is
'flat'.
The more the camera is down (near surface with quite parallel view) the more
often it happens that the camera gets behind the bozo-normal. So surface
looks flat... (the lower the camera less bozo is needed to get this
artefacts)

It would be great if one of the programmers could have a look on this
because i think that the current implementation of reflection leads to
artefacts (wrong reflection) in this case and this seams to be a bug for
me.... am i wrong???

best regards
zuegs