POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lighting problem? : lighting problem? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  lighting problem?
From: dragonmage
Date: 22 Jan 2006 00:30:01
Message: <web.43d3183c456346d5e618711f0@news.povray.org>
Hellow, I am new to povray and have a question on an apparent lighnting
problem.
I too the phot_met_glass example and added a translate <10, 10, 10> to all
objects inclusing light and camera.  This had an unexpected effect of
dramatically altering the bluish highlights in the rendered scene.  I then
created another file with the translations still in there but set to:
translate <0, 0, 0> and the bluish hightlights came back.  This leads me to
believe there may be a default light source which I am not moving when I
add the translations.  Anyone know wha is going on?