POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : P.O.V. vs Poser : P.O.V. vs Poser Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  P.O.V. vs Poser
From: sully323
Date: 14 Jan 2006 23:55:01
Message: <web.43c9d5367f7018f4a44562510@news.povray.org>
I've been using POV for about 3 yrs;I am far from an expert, but am
generally happy with my results. 95% of my  stuff is modeled in sPATCH,
then rendered in POV.  This works well most the time, except for human
forms.  My brother bought POSER a couple of years ago, and convinced me
too,also.
     Now my brother and I want to collaborate on some "serious" animations.
The problem is; he basically thinks we should convert all my sPATCH models
into POSER props( a lot of work...) and render it all with POSER 5's
raytracer.
  I really like POV, but animating a POSER figure, then exporting each frame
seperatly as an Obj file,running them through POSERAY, adjusting the
maps,etc and then including them into POV also seems like a lot of work....
   I'd like to hear any views/oppinions as to wich would be better please

                 Thanx   Chris