POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur : Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur Server Time
14 May 2024 05:29:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur
From: zuegs
Date: 14 Jan 2006 16:35:00
Message: <web.43c96e2be28d2549504224b0@news.povray.org>
Hi GP70, hi Warp

I tried the blur-trick and it works. At least for small blurring with
BlurAmount < 1. But if I like to do really strong blurred surfaces (big
BlurAmount ex: > 5) then the result tend to look as fully reflectiv (like
BlurAmount = 0) which seems to come from the self-reflection effect.

I tried to locate this in source code and found that if eye-vector is behind
bonzo-normal-surface then the reflection algo uses the unperturbated normal
of the object thats then looks very unblurry....

Do I something wrong? I feel that in reality there are surfaces that are
more blurred than BlurAmount=1 do... Whats about a better self-reflection?

Thanks for any comment on this, best regards

zuegs