POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sunbeam effect : Re: Sunbeam effect Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunbeam effect
From: Neil Fraser
Date: 13 Jan 2006 01:40:00
Message: <web.43c74a333689a52fc5c410000@news.povray.org>
"Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> You might want to use scattering media.

Thanks Roman, I'd tried a bit of everything, but without knowing where to
concentrate it was difficult to narrow in on the correct strategy.

"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote:
> inside the scattering-brackets [...], use "extinction 0".

Thanks Tim, that's what had made me abandon scattering earlier.

It took a lot of tinkering (thank goodness for fast processors), but I'm
very happy with the result.
  http://neil.fraser.name/exitdone.png