POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sunbeam effect : Sunbeam effect Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:24:42 EDT (-0400)
  Sunbeam effect
From: Neil Fraser
Date: 12 Jan 2006 12:15:01
Message: <web.43c68d4e1bf62e8dc5c410000@news.povray.org>
I've got a set of strong lights behind a shape, and I'd like to add some
atmosphere so that the beams of light are visible in mid-air.

Here's the scene at the moment:
  http://neil.fraser.name/exit.png
As one can see, the beams which happen to hit the floor look great.  But I
want to see them in the air.

I've tried placing a transparent hollow box in the foreground which is
filled with everything I can think of, but I've never found the desired
effect.
box {
  <50, 50, 0>, <-50, -50, -50>
  texture { pigment { color rgbf <1,1,1, 1> } }
  hollow
  interior {
    media {
      emission 0.01
    }
  }
}

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.