POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright question : Re: Copyright question Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:35:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Copyright question
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 9 Jan 2006 05:20:01
Message: <web.43c2384d5079002f731f01d10@news.povray.org>
> Among other things, Sebastian H. saw fit to write:

> I guess the exact copyright term depends on the country and on the date of
> creation. From Wikipedia:
>
> "The expiration time differs from country to country, but according to the
> Berne Convention the minimum time is the lifetime of the author plus 50
> years. In the Netherlands the term is 70 years after the death of the
> author."

According to http://www.mcescher.com/ the copyright to all of his images is
owned by the M.C.Escher Company B.V... the site appears to be quite helpful
if you want permission to reproduce his work, but I can't find anything
about derivative work. I guess the easiest way to find out is simply to ask
them...

Bill