POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur : Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur Server Time
14 May 2024 05:55:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV 1.2.1 and reflection blur
From: GP70
Date: 5 Jan 2006 02:25:01
Message: <web.43bcc903e28d2549dd9bbf200@news.povray.org>

> That's right (although it wasn't the question whether to keep the patch
> but whether to reintegrate it).  A reflection blur patch with adaptive
> sampling would be very welcome though.
>
> Concerning photons-only light sources - you can accomplish this by
> shooting the photons in a first pass (with only 1 pixel size output) and
> using load_file in the actual render without the light sources.
>
> Christoph

Yes, yesterday I've used the trick of the avaraged textures but I don't like
very much the results. In any case I will try to improve it in some way...
Anyway if the reflection blur features could be reintegrated... Perhaps I
should have to study the phisics of this phenomenon and propose something!

In fact I have started my ray-tracing study since DKB-Trace when I was a
student and then for a lot of years I didn't have any more time for it. Now
it is the moment to start again perhaps also collaborating!

Thanks for the photons trick!
GP