POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A few problems : Re: A few problems Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A few problems
From: Nexus
Date: 1 Jan 2006 22:15:00
Message: <web.43b89a2a8c0fdeb5ca895cb0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your replies everyone. I finally got the spherical density_map to
work, and the atmosphere looks good.

With the distorted star, I decided not to change the viewing angle or the
placement of the objects- that would have been too much like hard work.
Instead, what I did was scale the star unevenly to compensate for the
distorting effect. Took a bit of fiddling and the star is still very
slightly squarish, but it looks heaps better.

Nexus