POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : re-texturing only part of an object? : re-texturing only part of an object? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  re-texturing only part of an object?
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Dec 2005 07:00:00
Message: <web.43b27dd4f80d455488567a490@news.povray.org>
I've made a text object, with a nice translucent "ice" texture. I'd like to
"paint" the top of the letters white (only the top SURFACES), as a base
color for tracing on some snow objects. Maybe I'm forgetting something
basic, but I can't figure out how to do that. Some kind of image_map
configuration? Procedural texture? Or do I need to use uv-mapping? If
uv-mapping, can I do it completely within the POV SDL, or do I need an
external app like UV MAPPER? Though I've been reading up on the subject,
assume that I don't know very much about how to use the uv-mapping process
within POV itself.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ken