POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Teaching povray to kids : Re: Teaching povray to kids Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Teaching povray to kids
From: iceqb
Date: 19 Dec 2005 19:55:01
Message: <web.43a7562c13745f964426fcbb0@news.povray.org>
"Greg M. Johnson" <p t e r a n d o n @ the### [at] startswithYcom>
wrote:
> I'm considering teaching povray to a group of kids-- perhaps a youth group
> at my church.  I'm wondering what age you'd think say the top 80% of the
> kids would have the capacity to appreciate it.  (Or say an application like
> blender using freeware models).

I'd say someone who's about 16 and has a bit of insight in 3D-coordinates
(and some math) might be interested, as long as you can show the amazing
things you cand do by just using the basics. I don't think a knowledge of
advanced mathematics is essential for the use of POV (at least for the
basic stuff), just a little bit of insight in spacial coordinates.