POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vertex Color Map to UV mapped texture : Vertex Color Map to UV mapped texture Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Vertex Color Map to UV mapped texture
From: Herve
Date: 16 Dec 2005 10:20:01
Message: <web.43a2da7f23c2de89b2b09a220@news.povray.org>
I'm looking for a tool that would convert Vertex Color Map to UV mapped
texture.

I have a soft that generates either pov or vrml files in which objects that
count several hundreds thousand faces have their colors described
respectively with colored smooth triangles (in pov files) or colored
vertices (in vrml files). I would like to use the objects generated by this
software in moray.
The most convenient way that I was able to come with would consist to
convert the vrml object in a mesh for its import in moray. This part works
fine for the geometry but during this process the color information is
lost. Is there any mean to make a UV-map from the pov or vrml colored
objects in order to put it back on the geometry imported  in moray?