POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Newbie isosurface question : Re: Newbie isosurface question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbie isosurface question
From: mwhidden
Date: 13 Dec 2005 16:10:01
Message: <web.439f37dcdd86f32fc739b8ad0@news.povray.org>
Thank you sincerely for an excellent response (didactic in all its *best*
meanings.) Playing with the threshold parameter to the isosurface makes
your explanation easy to visualize. I'm glad I posted this in the newbie
forum, and now I see that thinking about isosurfaces is not just a trivial
step away from simple algebra.

Thanks again!

Mike Williams <nos### [at] econymdemoncouk> wrote:

> Although the function "x" and the function "sin(f_th(x,y,z))" are zero
> at the same places, they have different values at points where they are
> not zero.

[...]