POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Crazy lighting : Re: Crazy lighting Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crazy lighting
From: Roman Reiner
Date: 13 Dec 2005 06:10:01
Message: <web.439eab1f9249257b162cdb8b0@news.povray.org>
Hi Ian

Are you new to wings? I seems to me as if you are not aware of the
possibility to use hard edges. I modeled with wings quite a while until I
recognized that feature too and also solved that problem by commenting out
the normals in the meshoutput as Trevor suggested. Instead do just select

switch to the soft shading mode (by clicking the most upper left pyramid
icon or simply hitting tab) you should see the difference.

Hope that helps
Regards Roman

PS: I use PoseRay to convert *.wings files to PovRay readable format.
PoseRay has the advantage that you can check the models for errors much
easier and faster than in wings or even by rendering it in PovRay. In
addition you can export not just the object but also a complete scene with
camera and lighting directly into a *.pov file which spares a lot of time
adjusting the camera and lighting.