POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : pov64 - linux advice wanted please! : Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please! Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov64 - linux advice wanted please!
From: jhu
Date: 8 Dec 2005 20:15:00
Message: <web.4398d9a8869045be8f9cd9930@news.povray.org>
Actually "IA-64" refers to Intel's Itanium architecture. What you really
want is an x86-64 or AMD64 Linux distribution. Additionally, the compiler
used on 64-bit Linux distributions are usually using at least gcc 3.3,
which compiles very well. Besides, since Povray 3.6, compiling your own
povray binary in 64-bit Linux (or other unix-like os) is as easy as
"./configure && make && make" install. Prior to that, eg 3.5, you needed to
modify a few of the source files.