POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Copyright issues for using images generated from POV Models. : Copyright issues for using images generated from POV Models. Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Copyright issues for using images generated from POV Models.
From: Justin
Date: 7 Dec 2005 09:35:01
Message: <web.4396f272f346736792409d3d0@news.povray.org>
Hello all,

I was wondering if any POV models are available in the public domain.  I am
a researcher, interested in estimating the motion of a camera from several
pictures taken by that camera from different views.  I have been using this
excellent software to generate images with "known" camera motion.  However,
I can find no clear documentation of what legal issues exist for using the
models.  I have used (significantly modified) version of several of the
scenes that are distributed with the software.  Would it be permissible to
publish these images in a scientific journal?

thanks very much for any reply,
Justin