POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dodgy Wine Glass : Dodgy Wine Glass Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Dodgy Wine Glass
From: nzdzeni
Date: 5 Dec 2005 20:35:01
Message: <web.4394e96f76af86a5b2fe0630@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I have created a wine glass, complete with wine in it.  The problem is that
the "shadow" did not look right.  When I rotated the glass, it became clear
that there was a large amount of "noise" slicing through the glass (near
the top).

Here is a link to the picture of my "dud wine glass".
http://www.complus.co.nz/blogpics/dudglass.jpg"

The code I used is below:

---
  #include "colors.inc"
#include "glass.inc"

  camera {
    location <10, 15, -20>
    look_at <0, 0, 0>
    angle 50
  }

  background { color Silver }

light_source {
  0*x                  // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1,1,1>    // light's color
  translate <50, 50, -30>
}

  plane {
    <0, 1, 0>, -4
    pigment {color LightBlue }
    finish{reflection .2}
  }

#declare Wine_Glass=
//Wine Glass
sor {
    12,
    <0.0,  -0.5>,
    <2.0,   0.1>,
    <0.2,   0.15>,
    <0.2,   0.18>,
    <0.2,   1.0>,
    <0.2,   2.0>,
    <0.2,   3.0>,
    <0.2,   4.0>,
    <0.4,   4.4>,
    <2.0,   6.0>,
    <1.5,   8.5>,
    <2,   10.0>

    open
     texture {
      T_Glass3    // Pre-defined from glass.inc
      scale 3       }

  }

#declare Red_Wine=
union
{
object { Wine_Glass
        finish {reflection 0.2}
        }

intersection

{object {Wine_Glass
        scale .999
        translate <0, 0.001, 0>
        pigment {color White}
        }

difference{
        plane {y,7}
        plane {y,4.5}
           }
          }
           }

object {Red_Wine
        translate <0, -2, 0>
        rotate <30, 0, -30>

        }
---

So, where have I done wrong????  Its making me nuts.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dzeni :)