POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can I set bounding threshold to 0 ??? : Can I set bounding threshold to 0 ??? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 08:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Can I set bounding threshold to 0 ???
From: Mike E
Date: 4 Dec 2005 20:10:00
Message: <web.439392c2e60c664743902a2f0@news.povray.org>
I've noticed that when I use +MB0 the bounding threshold is still set to 1.
Is it possible to set it to zero? Reason is that I have an animation with no
objects in the 1st frame. Seems that POV doesn't switch bounding on in any
of the subsequent frames, causing it to render much slower.
Of course I can fudge it by placing an unseen object in the 1st frame, but
this is psychologically disconcerting.

Thanks
M.E.

(using POV3.6 WinXP)